Unpaid Orders in Sellercloud refer to purchases that are pending payment from customers and typically must be cleared before an order can be shipped. However, in some cases, you may want to ship an order prior to receiving payment for it. For example, you may want to allow unpaid wholesale orders to be shipped based on the customer’s credit terms. Effectively managing such orders is vital for ensuring a smooth order fulfillment process.
You have the option to control which orders are brought into Shipbridge for processing. By default, unpaid orders are excluded, but you can customize your settings to allow selected unpaid orders to be shipped, either based on customer preferences or specific order criteria.
Seamlessly search for unpaid orders in Sellercloud and allow or prevent shipping based on their payment status.
Search Unpaid Orders
To search for and filter orders by their Unpaid status:
Apply Payment to Unpaid Orders
To apply a payment to an unpaid order, navigate to:
- Orders > Manage Orders > Open the order.
- Toolbox > Payment.
- In the Payments Panel, click the card icon to add a new payment.
- Select the applicable Operation Type and fill in the details.
Learn more about the different payment types here.
Ship Unpaid Orders
By default, unpaid retail orders will neither ship nor load into Shipbridge. However, you can allow unpaid orders to be shipped at the customer or order level if the following settings are enabled.
To allow the shipment of unpaid orders under a customer, navigate to:
- Company Settings > Toolbox > Shipping Preferences> Check Allow shipping regardless of payment status for selected customers.
- Go to Customers > Manage Customers > Select a customer > Click Edit and on the Order Options panel, select Allow Shipping Unpaid Orders > Save.
To allow a specific order to be shipped with no payment, navigate to:
To allow multiple orders to be shipped with no payment:
Following the above steps allows unpaid orders to be shipped, even if the customer-level settings are not configured.
You can configure your Shipbridge settings and allow unpaid orders to be processed.
You can find and configure the following related settings:
See the following Client settings available:
- Allow Shipping Unpaid Orders – This Client Setting lets you process and ship orders even if no payment is available.
- Send Order Welcome Email For Local Store Unpaid Orders – When enabled, this setting triggers the sending of a welcome email for Local Store Unpaid Orders.
See the following setting in Shipbridge:
- Allow Shipping Regardless of Payment Status – When this setting is enabled in Shipbridge, all unpaid orders based on the configurations above will show in Shipbridge, regardless of their payment status.
Other available settings are:
- Allow shipping regardless of payment status for selected customers – When enabled, this Company Setting will allow the shipment of unpaid orders for selected customers in Sellercloud.
- Allow Shipping Unpaid Orders – This Customer-level setting will allow unpaid orders to be shipped, only if the orders are created under the selected customer. Note that it only affects orders created after the setting has been enabled.