In this article, you will learn about Sellercloud’s Tax Collected by Settlement report. This report provides a summary of the tax collected for all settlements. It includes transactional, financial, and location information.
Settlement is the process of transferring funds from a payment processor or acquiring bank to a merchant’s bank account. The settlement process reconciles the transactions and ensures that the funds from the customer’s payment are accurately credited to the merchant’s account. Settlements contain information about a channel’s order-related fees, commissions, and taxes.
You can see the following:
- Transaction Information: Transaction Type, Order Number, Order Date, Transaction Date, and Channel.
- Financial Information: Gross Sales, Tax, Marketplace Facilitator Tax, Tax Due, and Grand Total.
- Location Information: State, Zip, and County.
Access and Customize the Report
To use the report, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Reports > Settlement > Tax Collected by Settlement.
- Set up the Default and Custom filters to have the report show precisely what you need.
- Click Search. Each filter you apply gets highlighted in a different color. If a filter is gray or not displayed at all, it’s not active.
- To manage the columns in the report, click the three dots icon on the top right and select Customize Columns. You can:
- To sort the data differently, use the Sort by menu.
- To save your filtering and sorting options, click Save view, type a Name and click Save.
- To export the full report to a spreadsheet, click Actions on the bottom right and select Export to Excel. Spreadsheets include all columns, including those hidden in the report.
Filter and Column Definitions
Click the drop-downs below for filter and column descriptions.
|Include only one or more companies.
|Include only one or more sales channels.
|Include only orders with collected or refunded taxes reported in one of four specific quarters, or include orders with taxes reported within a custom filing period (choose start and end dates below).
Note: Use a custom filing period if your fiscal year does not run from January to December.
|Enter the Start and End dates. For a single date, choose the same Start and End date.
|Include only orders from one or more company groups.
|Include only orders from specific counties.
|Include only one or more specific orders by order number.
|Paid Orders Only
|Include only paid orders.
|Include only orders with specific settlement IDs. This filter works only for Amazon/FBA, Jet, eBay, Newegg, and Walmart Marketplace settlements.
|Show Orders Without Tax
|Include or exclude orders without tax.
|Include only orders from specific states.
|Shows the type of transaction, order or non-order.
|Shows the customer’s state.
|Shows the customer’s zip code.
|Shows the Sellercloud order number.
|Shows the date when the transaction occurred.
|Shows the date when the order came in.
|Shows the order’s sales channel.
|Shows the total amount of the order, calculated as such: (Subtotal + Shipping Total + Handling + Insurance + Gift Wrap + Tax) – (Discount + Shipping Discount).
|Shows the total amount of the items before any discounts, tax, shipping, etc.
|Shows the amount paid for tax for the order.
|Marketplace Facilitator Tax
|Shows the marketplace facilitator tax.
|Shows the tax due: (Tax Collected – Paid by Channel).
|Shows the customer’s county.