Spree Commerce is an open-source shopping cart platform that enables you to create and manage online stores. The integration between Sellercloud and Spree allows you to download orders into Sellercloud, send tracking information, and automate price and inventory updates.
Integrate with Spree
Sellercloud communicates with Spree via API. To integrate with Spree, you must obtain a Spree API Key, required for your API configuration in your Sellercloud account.
Spree API Key
Follow the below steps to generate a Spree API Key:
- Log in to the Admin Dashboard in Spree.
- Navigate to the Users tab and click on New User.
- Set up an Admin user. The email and password are not important, but it is critical that the user is an admin.
- Once you create the Admin account, click the Generate API key.
Configure API Settings
After you obtain a Spree API Key, you should configure your API settings in Sellercloud:
- Navigate to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies and select a company.
- From the Toolbox, select Sellercloud Plug-in Website > Cart General.
- Click Edit.
- In the Select Plugin field, select Spree.
- The Website URL should be set to http://example.com, where example is replaced with your website domain name.
- The API Token should be populated using the API Key generated from the new admin user in the Spree backend.
- The Default Shipping Category ID should be set to 1.
- Click Save.
- From the Options panel, select action Test Settings to check if the website integration is successful.
General Integration Settings
Once the connection has been established, set the parameters of the integration to automate key processes:
- Navigate to your company’s Toolbox and select Website General Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Choose Custom from the Store Type dropdown menu.
- Select Spree from the Store Plugin list.
- Configure the integration Options settings, as desired:
- Allow Inventory Upload – Enables Sellercloud to send automatic inventory updates for your Spree-enabled products.
- Allow Price Upload – Activate this setting to enable Sellercloud to send automatic price updates for your Spree-enabled SKUs.
- Allow Order Download – Enables Sellercloud to automatically download new Spree orders.
- Allow Tracking Upload – Activate this setting to enable Sellercloud to send automatic shipping and tracking updates to Spree.
- Save your changes.