Sellercloud lets you easily add and manage product and Channel-Specific Images, allowing you to store and send them to different marketplaces when publishing your catalog. For example, if you upload an image for a product, it will automatically be used when publishing that product to eBay, Sears, and Magento. There are various product image classifications, as well as channel-specific images, which you can update and export individually or in bulk.
Image Hosting Settings
To get started, ensure that your Image Hosting Options are configured correctly. Sellercloud hosts all your product images on the server, making them easily available for publishing across your integrated channels.
To access the Image Hosting Options, navigate to:
- Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Select a company.
- Toolbox > Images Hosting Option.
- To produce a valid image URL, ensure the Images Web Path contains the URL https://__.cwa.sellercloud.com/images/products/, with your Sellercloud server ID populated.
For example, if your Sellercloud URL is https://tt.cwa.sellercloud.com, then the Images Web Path should be https://tt.cwa.sellercloud.com/images/products/.
Product Image Types
You can classify your product images into five different categories:
- Gallery Image – Some channels use gallery images to display web page search results. Other channels, like eBay, use them for both search results and product detail pages.
- Description Image – For some channels, the description image is displayed full-size on the product details page. It is placed in the HTML product description template when publishing items to eBay.
- Supplemental Image – These images are displayed in the product’s extended image gallery.
- Swatch Images – Swatch images are used in variations. For instance, in a listing with multiple colors, the swatch image would be the image of the color. You can only have one swatch image.
- Other – Other non-primary images.
Manage Product Images
Upload images to your products individually, in bulk with a file upload, or via API.
You can upload images from the product details page:
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select a product.
- Optional: Go to Inventory to upload a warehouse image.
- Open the Image Manager by tapping the icon on the image or selecting Image Manager from the Toolbox.
- Upload a new image or update the existing one.
- You can drag and drop images using Imagebridge, Sellercloud’s desktop tool.
- On the Image Manager page, click on the Image to see its properties.
- You can see the image details like ID, Type, Size, and Dimensions.
- You can select different Image classifications, Image Sources, and enter Image Tags.
- Go to Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Import Product Images.
- Download the template, enter the image URL into the FileName column, and use the other columns to set the image placement. Save the file.
- Return to Sellercloud and import the newly created sheet.
Alternatively, you can use the Bulk Product Update with column headers like GalleryImageURL, DescriptionImageURL, SupplimentalImageURL1, etc. This will add the image(s) to the product.
Export Product Images
You can export your images on the Manage Catalog page.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select your product(s).
- Action menu > Export Products (Catalog).
- Select one of the following methods:
- Choose Product Images from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Queued Job link and download the output file once the job is completed.
- Select Custom and click Next.
- Select Columns by hovering over them and clicking the Plus button.
- Click Export and download the input file from the queued job.Learn more about the different column headers you can use in the Bulk-Update and Custom Export Columns article.
- Select an Export type plugin from the drop-down menu
- Click Export.
- Select an Export Mapping Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click Export.
The Client Setting Enable Channel Specific Product Images must be enabled for this workflow. To enable the setting navigate to Settings > Client Settings > General Client Settings.
See Channel-Specific Images for more details.
Using the Image Manager
From the product detail page, you can browse to the product-specific Image Manager and upload images to the product. Upload a product into the Image Manager panel by clicking “View All” in the panel. In the Image Manager, upload the image file and complete the fields as desired.
This lets you drag and drop images using Sellercloud’s own desktop tool, ImageBridge.
Pull Image URL via the Sellercloud API
You can pull the main image URL using the Sellercloud API service GetAbbreviatedProductInfo. More information can be found on our API documentation.
The channel-specific images feature lets you send different images to different channels.
You can use this feature to send a compliant image to Amazon, which require images with a white background, and send your image with a background to another channel.
This feature is available for the following channels:
- Walmart Marketplace
Add channel-specific images
- Enable the Client Setting Enable Channel Specific Product Images.
- Click the Image Manager. Upload your images if they are not already there.
- Open an image > Click Manage Channel Specific Images > Select a channel.
- Select Primary if you want to set the image as a Main Description Image. Select Other Image or Thumbnail to send images as supplemental.
- Save Settings.
Add channel-specific images in bulk
You can add or update channel images in bulk with a file import:
- Click Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Images Info.
- Download the template for channel-specific images.
- Populate the table and import it back into Sellercloud.
Export Product Images
You can Export all the images of a single product or for multiple SKUs:
- Navigate to the Inventory Tab > Action Menu.
- Find Export Product Images > Click Go.
This action will export all the current images on the selected products.