As an Orderback administrator, you have the flexibility to control various aspects of the application and tailor it to your own unique needs. The Orderback Admin portal allows you to customize the appearance and functionality of the self-service Orders and Returns Portal, control which RMAs will appear on your RMA Dashboard, and configure custom return policies and workflow options.
To access and update your settings in Orderback:
- Log in to the Admin Portal.
- Select General Settings in the Administrator Menu on the left.
- Update the settings in the following panels:
- General Settings – Set up your team name, admin account, and Orderback web address.
- Appearance Settings – Personalize the appearance of Orderback according to your preferences and style.
- Orders – Specify which channels you wish to accept self-service RMAs from and customize which orders should be displayed on the RMA Dashboard.
- Return Policy – Configure custom return policy rules.
- Workflow Options – Configure workflows and enable or disable features.
- Click Save after any updates.
Refer to the list below for a detailed definition of each of the General Settings:
- Orderback Base Url – The subdomain in your Orderback web address – for example, https://xyz.orderback.io/.
- Team Name – Your Sellercloud team name. If you don’t know your team name or your company doesn’t have a team name yet, contact Sellercloud Support.
- Api User Name – The login email address of the Account you want to use to connect Orderback to Sellercloud. See Get Started for more information.
- Api Password – The login password of the Client Admin account.
- CompanyWebsiteUrl – The web address of your website. Clicking the company logo (coming from Appearance Settings > Your logo) on top of any Orderback page, both in the Admin Portal and on the customers’ Orders and Returns Portal, redirects to this web address.
Refer to the list below for a detailed definition of each of the Appearance Settings:
- Your logo – Upload your company logo. It will appear on top of any Orderback page, both in the Admin Portal and on the Orders and Returns Portal.
- Your Icon – Upload your company favicon. It will appear on all Orderback tabs in the browser.
- Your background – Upload a background image. It will appear on any Orderback page, both in the Admin Portal and on the Orders and Returns Portal.
Refer to the list below for a detailed definition of each of the Orders settings:
- Channels enabled – Allow self-service RMAs only for specific channels and only display those channels on the RMA Dashboard. By default, none are selected, so RMAs from all channels will be allowed and displayed.
- Companies enabled – Show only RMAs from specific Companies on the RMA Dashboard. By default, none are selected, so RMAs from all companies will be displayed. Exclude unnecessary companies to reduce the RMA Dashboard’s loading speed.
- Date range to display – Show only RMAs from specific date ranges. By default, RMAs from all dates will be displayed.
Refer to the list below for a detailed definition of each of the Return Policy settings:
- Return window – The number of days during which customers are allowed to create an RMA.
- Restocking fee – per item – The restocking fee per item, either a percentage or a fixed amount in USD. You can choose whether it applies to returns only, exchanges only, or both.
- Return shipping fee – per return – A fixed shipping fee in USD for the entire RMA. You can choose whether it applies to returns only, exchanges only, or both.
- Charge customer actual shipping cost – Instead of a fixed return shipping fee, with this setting, Sellercloud finds and chooses the best shipping rate, then charges the customer (by deduction from the refund) the actual shipping cost.
- Charge customer original order shipping cost – Charge customers for the original shipping cost of their order when processing RMAs.
- Return instructions – Provide details and guidelines for customers on how to handle the return. These instructions appear above the shipping labels on the Orderback RMA Details page.
- Put replacement order on hold (to prevent shipping) – Automatically set the status of any replacement orders to On Hold to prevent shipping. This status will not auto-update later; you must change it manually per order on the Order Details Page or in bulk on the Orders > Manage Orders page by selecting the orders and then clicking Update Order Status.
- Return reasons setup – List the return reasons available to customers on Orderback’s Orders and Returns Portal and link them to Sellercloud Return Reasons.
Refer to the list below for a detailed definition of each of the Workflow settings:
- Require approval before shipping RMA – Enable to require all RMAs to be manually approved before shipping. The shipping labels will only be available after you approve the RMA. RMAs can be approved by clicking Approve on the RMA Dashboard or updating the Approval Status on the RMA Details page in Sellercloud.
This setting prevents the Auto send customer email when RMA is created option from automatically emailing the customer and requires you to click Send email to send the email after approving the RMA.
- Offer returns – Disable customers’ ability to initiate returns (including refunds, exchanges, and replacements) from the Orders and Returns Portal. Customers can still perform any enabled order-related actions.
- Offer exchanges – Enable customers’ ability to request an exchange for any related Product Variations.
- Offer replacements – Enable customers’ ability to request item replacements.
- Hide email order search options – Hide the Email only and Email and Order Number options. This is useful if you usually deal with Amazon customers who can’t use email to check for orders.
- Enable create new order page – Display the New Order button on the Orders and Returns Portal, allowing customers to place a new order by specifying the Sellercloud SKUs of any items they want to purchase.
- Display payment status and WayToPay.me link – Display orders’ Payment Status and the option to generate a Waytopay.me link on the Orders and Returns Portal. This way, customers can pay for any unpaid orders.
- Display Bundle/Kit children – When the order includes a Kit Product, show all its components instead of only showing the parent item on the Orders and Returns Portal. This only applies to All Components and Main Component kits.
- Auto send customer email when RMA is created – Automatically sends an email confirmation to the customer once they create an RMA.