FBA product labels are 3-inch by 1-inch labels that are affixed onto each unit to identify the item to FBA. You can generate FBA labels directly from your Sellercloud account. Sellercloud will generate labels as downloadable PDF files in the required format with the exact quantity of labels for the number of units. All products will be printed on a strip of labels using a thermal printer.
Print FBA Product Labels
There are several locations where you can print FBA product labels:
- From the FBA inbound shipment creation wizard:
- From the FBA inbound shipment:
- Go to Amazon Shipments panel > click Edit > Print product labels for the selected items (Show me)
- From the product’s Inventory Properties page:
- Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory > select a product > Actions > Print Labels > Print Via Plugin. Then, choose the appropriate FBA Labels plugin.
Check out the following label features to make sure that the products are labeled correctly:
- FNSKU (when Amazon disallows using the item’s original barcode)
- Internal Sellercloud SKU
- Product name
- Product condition
- Scannable barcode
- Can also have expiration dates added for perishables
In Sellercloud, you have an option to choose from several FBA label formats:
- Go to the product’s Amazon Properties page.
- Make sure that the product is set to Fulfilled by Amazon.
- In the FBA panel of the Amazon Properties page, choose Amazon Label Format from the dropdown list.
You can use plugins to print custom labels. For example, if you want to print Avery-style sheets, you can use the 30 Per Page FBA Label plugin. (If this plugin is not in the wizard’s Format list on the Print Product Labels window, contact Sellercloud Support to add it to your server.)
Add Expiration Dates to Product Labels
If you want perishable items to show expiration dates on their printed labels, add dates in the Item Quantities panel of the FBA inbound shipment wizard’s Boxes tab.
- In the FBA inbound shipment, click the wizard’s Boxes tab.
- In the Item Quantities panel, select the shipment > click the Expiration Date calendar > choose date > Save. (Show me).
Configure the FBA Label Service
To have Amazon apply labels on your behalf, you must enroll in the FBA Label Service.
- Open your Seller Central account.
- Click the Settings dropdown and select Fulfillment by Amazon.
- Click the Edit button on the Optional Services section.
- Under Who labels? select Amazon to enroll in the FBA Label Service. This sets the default labeling option, but you can still override it on each individual shipment.
- Click Update.
FBA Product Labels
FBA product labels are 3-inch by 1-inch labels that are stickered onto each unit to identify the unit to FBA. While you can generate FBA labels from your Seller Central account, all products in the FBA inbound shipment will print onto an Avery-style label sheet. Because the labels are printed next to each other, products may be labeled incorrectly.
However, when printing these labels through Sellercloud, they will print onto a strip of labels through a thermal printer and grouped by product. Also, Sellercloud’s FBA labels include the FNSKU and the internal SellerCloud SKU, so your shipping department can easily recognize the product. The label also shows the product name, condition, and a scannable barcode. You can also add expiration dates for perishables, and serial numbers for luxury items and electronics.
All of these features help ensure that the products in your shipment will be labeled correctly.
However, if printing with Avery-style sheets is actually preferred, see Printing labels in other formats, below.
Printing standard labels
After previewing an FBA inbound shipment, you can print a label for each unit in the shipment.
NOTE: The client setting Allow print FBA Product labels even shipment is saved Only controls whether you can print labels before previewing an FBA inbound shipment.
Adding item expiration dates to labels
- Select Enable Expiry date for Amazon FBA shipments in the Client Settings.
- In the FBA inbound shipment, click Action Menu > Prepare Quantity.
- On the following screen, enter the SKU or UPC of an item in the shipment, or click Find to do a general search of items in the shipment.
- Click on the item’s SKU. The screen will refresh to display the SKU in a grid.
- If all units of this SKU have an identical expiration date, enter the quantity of all SKUs in the Prepared Qty Now field.
- Select an expiration date from the calendar at the end of the row.
- Click Save and Print to print the labels with the expiration date.
- You can also save the labels and print them later from the Action Menu
Adding a serial number to a shipment
- On the FBA inbound shipment’s Prepare Quantity page, click Action Menu > Manage Serials > Go.
- Select a shipment from the dropdown.
- Select a prepared product in the shipment from the dropdown.
- In the text box, enter or scan in the serial numbers for all prepared units.
- Click Save. The serial numbers will be saved as a record to the shipment for reference.
Printing labels in other formats
The labels described above are for Sellercloud’s standard FBA product labels. However, the labels can be modified using plugins. For example, you can print Avery-style sheets with the 30 Per Page FBA Label plugin. If the plugin is not on the Print Product Labels page Action Menu, contact Sellercloud Support
to place it on your server.
Printing FBA barcodes
You can also Print FBA Barcodes from the Action Menu. By default, this will print the FNSKU label and the product title for the selected SKUs, one per page. Additional customizations are available through Sellercloud plugins.
Printing Amazon shipment ID and box name
The Amazon Shipment ID and box name can be printed on the label if this information is available. This can be enabled by Sellercloud Support with the AppSettingPrintFBAProductLabelUsingShipmentNumberAndBoxName.