When products are marked as discontinued, it typically indicates that the supplier has ceased production of those items and they have reached the end of their lifecycle in your inventory. The Discontinued status of a product is an internal Sellercloud status that is mostly used to prevent the ordering of products that are no longer being produced. In contrast to items with an Inactive status, discontinued products won’t be excluded from most default searches, however, their rows will be highlighted in red for easy identification.
Set As Discontinued
You can set products as discontinued individually or in bulk.
To mark a product as discontinued, navigate to:
- Catalog > Manage Catalog > Open your Product.
- On the Product Details Page, click Edit.
- Navigate to the Purchasing Panel and deselect the Discontinued checkbox.
- Click Save.
To mark multiple products as discontinued, navigate to:
Filter Discontinued Products
You can filter your search to look for discontinued products.
- Go to Catalog > Manage Catalog.
- Locate the Discontinued filter and select Yes from the dropdown menu.
- Click Search.
When a product is marked as Discontinued:
- We do not calculate QtySold.
- We show N/A for all QtySold fields
Related Client Settings
The following relevant Client Setting is available:
- Do not allow to make product Inactive or Discontinued if has inventory
- This setting prevents marking a product as inactive or discontinued as long as it still has remaining inventory. Inactive products are temporarily unavailable, while discontinued products are permanently removed from production and won’t be sold again.
- Consider Kit Parent Discontinued If Kit Child Is Discontinued, In ManageInventory Grid
- When enabled, if the Kit Child product is marked as discontinued in the Manage Inventory grid, then the corresponding Kit Parent will also be marked as discontinued.
- Zero Out Discontinued Vendor Feed Products Inventory
- When enabled, this setting will reset the inventory count to zero for products received through a vendor feed that has been marked as discontinued.