In contrast to the 4D Scale Micro, Sellercloud’s standard 4D Scale is bigger, better, and more powerful. With a maximum weight capacity of 308 lbs, it helps you instantly measure the weight and dimensions of your packages and transmit the information to the cloud where it can be used in various applications. Our powerful real-time data transfer enables you to record measurements in less than a second. Capture the weight of every new product entering your warehouse during the receiving process, or quickly measure box dimensions to calculate shipping rates for your fulfillment operations.
The 4D Scale is easy to install and requires no special skills or tools. In this article, you will find all the steps you need to take to properly install and configure your 4D Scale from start to finish. You will learn how to install the hardware, connect to the scale, and configure the software settings.
4D Scale Hardware Setup and Compatibility
- 4D Scale
- Power supply
- Touchscreen display
Connect the 4D Scale
To connect the 4D Scale, follow the steps below:
- Connect the 4D Scale to a power supply (outlet) via the power adapter.
- Wait for the 4D Scale to boot up.
- Connect the 4D Scale to the Internet (either through a Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet port).
Navigate the 4D Scale app
The 4D Scale app has a web and mobile version. The web version is accessible at app.4dscale.com and also available as a Chrome extension, allowing you to transfer readings from the 4D Scale to any website. The mobile version can be downloaded from the Google Play store for Android and App Store for Apple/iOS. Make sure that your 4D Scale is connected to the internet, either through a Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet port.
4D Scale is all about improving your shipping process and simplifying your team’s workflow. Simply log in with an existing account or create a new one to access the app. You can log in with your Sellercloud account or a standalone 4D Scale account.
- Navigate to the 4D Scale Homepage or open the application on your mobile device. Click Log in with Sellercloud for Sellercloud accounts and Log in with email for standalone accounts.
- Enter your Team name, Username, and Password.
- Click Sign in.
Configure the 4D Scale app
Now that you’ve successfully logged in, follow the steps below to complete the configuration:
- Make sure that your 4D Scale is connected to the internet, either through a Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet port. The Wi-Fi indicator should be green and your scale powered on.
- Click on Add your 4D scale in the mobile (Android / iOS) or web version of the app.
- Choose one of the two options: Detect automatically or Connect manually instead. If the scale is not detected automatically through the network, it can also be added manually by entering its serial number. Once the 4D Scale is successfully connected to your account and the company’s team name, it cannot be assigned to any other account unless it is unlinked first (Show me where!).
- Access the Settings and configure your preferred units of measurement (e.g. kilograms, pounds, inches, centimeters, etc). The units of measurement determine how the scale displays and records the weight and dimensions of objects.
- Ensure that the 4D Scale plate is empty and initialize calibration. Calibrating your device is essential to ensure its measurement accuracy.
- Get a test reading by placing an object on the scale to verify that the measurements are displayed correctly on the 4D Scale screen.
Understand the 4D Scale Interface
4DScale offers the ability to save current readings through its on-screen UI, as well as through Sellercloud’s web and mobile applications. It is seamlessly integrated with other products such as Shipbridge, Skustack, and Receivebridge. To save readings using the on-screen UI, select a Reference from the dropdown menu and enter your desired value. You can choose from one of the available options:
- Order #
Next, take a reading and either manually click Save or choose Auto-submit to have it saved automatically. The reading will be saved in the Historical Readings log and can now be used by various applications.
Navigate the Home Screen
|Use this QR code to open your scale in the mobile application.
|Make your 4D Scale public or private. When set to Public, your scale readings would be accessible to other users of the application. When set to Private, views of your scale readings will be restricted.
|Wi-Fi indicator. A red color icon indicates that you are currently not connected to any network.
|Indicates real-time connection to the cloud. A yellow or red color icon indicates that there may be an issue with the real-time updates and/or the Wi-Fi connection.
|Initialize tare. Taring (or zeroing) the scale essentially sets the current weight as the reference point, allowing subsequent measurements to be taken relative to that reference.
|Initialize calibration. Calibrating your device is essential to ensure its accuracy and reliability in measuring weight and dimensions. Ensure that your 4D Scale plate is empty before calibrating the device.
|Displays all live viewers with access to the scale readings from the mobile (Android / iOS) or web version of the app.
|The Log provides you with detailed information about the actions and events recorded by the 4D Scale.
|Located at the lower right-hand corner of the screen, next to the Power button, this option allows you to change the units of measurement. The value defined here will be used as a standard for measuring. Available options are Pounds, Ounces, Kilograms, Grams, Inches, and Centimeters.
|Restarts the 4D Scale application.
|Powers the application off. Note: This does not power the 4D Scale off.
4D Scale Web Portal
The 4D Scale Web Portal allows you to see all scales in your vicinity and manage their individual settings, as well as gain quick access to their historical readings.
To access the Settings of a specific 4D scale, select your desired device in the grid and click on the Gear icon at the upper right-hand corner of the screen (Show me where!).
The following setting options are available:
- Add 4D Scale to account – This option will be present if the scale hasn’t been added to your account.
- Tare – Tare the scale, to set the current weight as the reference point, allowing subsequent measurements to be taken relative to that reference.
- Calibrate – You can calibrate your device to ensure its accuracy and reliability in measuring weight and dimensions. Ensure that your 4D Scale plate is empty before calibrating the device.
- Units of measurement – This setting allows you to view and update the scale’s units of measurement.
- Historical readings – This option allows you to search and review previous scale readings.
- Make private/ Make public – Select this setting to set the 4D scale as Private/Public.
- Reset – This setting allows you to reset one or more of the following configurations:
- Team – With this option, you can disconnect a scale from your team’s 4D devices.
- User preferences – This option allows you to erase previous preferences, such as units of measurement.
- Hardware calibration – Use this option to discard hardware calibration data.
- Power – You can use this setting to power off a scale remotely. Keep in mind that a scale cannot be started remotely.
Conveniently access and filter saved readings for your 4D scale.
When viewing weight and dimensions in Shipbridge, you can pull in the information directly from the configured scale. To use this functionality in Shipbridge:
- Navigate to Menu > Options > Scale.
- Locate the Activate checkbox and enable it.
- Click on Select Scale.
- Choose your desired scale from the list and Connect to device.
- Calibrate the scale and get a test reading using the options displayed here.
- Once the above steps are complete, your scale should be visible in the Shipbridge grid.
- To get a reading, select an Order from the grid and right-click or press the F12 hotkey to Read Weight from Scale. The same method can be applied when getting readings for individual packages and will pull the current values of the item on the scale.
- Alternatively, click Get Saved Readings From Scale to access previously saved Historical Readings for the selected order or package.
Connect your 4D Scale to Skustack and seamlessly pull in scale readings for any product that is entering or leaving your warehouse.
Choose your default scale
Multiple scales can be linked to your account, so you will need to select the one Skustack should use.
- Navigate to Settings > 4D Scale. A list of available scales linked to your team’s account will be displayed.
- Choose the default scale for Skustack to use.You can select a default scale that is currently offline, but you will need to make sure it is active before it can be used.
Pull scale readings
When viewing weight readings in Skustack, you can pull in the information directly from the default scale by simply tapping the 4D Scale icon on the activity or dialog.
This option is available in the following places:
- In the Dimensions activity dialog within the Product Info module.
- When receiving an item on a PO or Container.
- When managing FBA or WFS box content.
After saving the weight and dimensions of an item using any of the above-mentioned options, the Product Details Page of that item will be automatically updated with the recorded information along with a green checkmark indicator, signifying the verification.